USS Pension Scheme
Hunter Aitkenhead & Walker have worked with local universities for many years. We were initially recruited to the Universities Superannuation Scheme “adviser panel” around a decade ago and since then have dealt with many scheme members who have become clients over the years.
Our office is conveniently located between Leicester and Loughborough Universities, around 20 minutes’ drive from each campus.
The most common areas we address are;
- Lifetime Allowance issues
- Annual Allowance issues, including the tapered annual allowance and voluntary salary cap
- The impact of new scheme rules on your future pension benefits
- General financial planning, including changes to chosen retirement date
- Discussion of retirement income options
- Investment of the tax-free lump sum at retirement for additional income or capital growth
- Long-term planning for dealing with inheritance tax
Due to our history we have detailed working knowledge of USS and the sometimes unusual scheme rules.
Please feel free to get in touch and arrange a meeting, hosted at our expense and with no cost to you, to find out how we can help and to give an estimate of the costs involved. You can find more details about our fees here.